Suspected Ritualist Who Pretends To Be A Mad Man Arrested With Charms In Ondo

A middle-aged man suspected to be a kidnapper and ritualist, Adetoyinbo, who usually disguised as a madman to operate was on Monday, apprehended by residents of Orita Obele area of Akure, Ondo state capital.

The suspect who was said to be roaming the area aimlessly while some residents suspected his movement and began to monitor his movement.

Some vigilant residents, however, approached the madman and found in his bag some charms and two handsets in his pocket.

It was however gathered that the suspected kidnapper immediately removed the Sims cards from the phone and swallowed it before the people could recover it from him.

Tribune Online learnt that the mob descended on the suspected madman who confessed to be acting as a mentally deranged man to kidnap some children in the area.

He was said to have confessed travelling from Edo state to Akure said he had been in the kidnapping business for some time and pretending to be a madman.

An eyewitness, Mr Ganiyu Yusuf, said the mob descended on him and beat him to coma, saying the timely intervention of the security operatives from the area saved him from being set ablaze by the angry mob.

He said some charms and ritual substances were also found in the suspect’s bag, and explained that “this man was caught this morning around Orita-obele Estate by some vigilant residents who had been monitoring his movement for the past two weeks and confronted him.

“He was caught and it was discovered that he was actually not a madman but pretending and confessed to be a kidnapper while two phones were recovered from him.

“He confessed that he came from Edo state and has been kidnapping in Akure for sometimes but refused to mention his sponsors. The police intervention saved him from being set ablaze, he is presently in Okuta Elerinla Police Station.”

“Please let us be vigilant, and God will continue to expose the evil doers,” he said.

Confirming the arrest of the suspected madman, the State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr Femi Joseph said the man was accused to have chewed and swallowed the SIM card of his phone when he was apprehended.

The PPRO however said the man has been arrested and was still in the police custody for further investigations.

Facebook Comments