FA charges Sissoko with violent conduct
Tottenham Hotspur’s Moussa Sissoko looks set for a three-match ban after being charged by the FA for appearing to elbow Bournemouth’s Harry Arter in the face in last Saturday’s goalless draw.
Sissoko caught fellow midfielder, Arter, during the second half at Bournemouth’s Dean Court ground but escaped immediate sanction.
A Football Association statement yesterday said that as the incident was not seen at the time by referee Craig Pawson or his linesmen, Sissoko had been charged with violent conduct.
BBC Sport reports that Spurs have until 6pm today to respond to the charge, but manager Mauricio Pochettino indicated they would not contest it.
“We accept that. We have reviewed the video,” said Pochettino, ahead of Tottenham’s visit to Liverpool in the fourth round of the EFL Cup today.
“We accept the charge and now we need to move forward and expect a three-match ban.”